How To Serve A Handmade Panettone Cake Like A Real Chef
Have you bought a proper handmade Panettone cake?
Great! How would you serve it to your guests? We want to share some ideas with you, so that you can amaze your commensals.
Arm yourselves with design small dishes and follow our pastry chef’s recipe word for word. You will make a great impression!
CLASSIC PANETTONE WITH CUSTARD CREAM
CUSTARM CREAM INGREDIENTS FOR 10 PEOPLE:
- 500g milk
- 20 egg yolks
- 45g cornflour
- 140g sugar
- 1g vanilla bean
- 1g lemon zest
METHOD (difficulty: easy)
- Bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla bean.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, the lemon zest and cornflour.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture.
- When the milk reaches its boiling point, pour it into the mixture and bring the cream to a boil again, cooking it all up to 85 °C (pasteurization).
- Then pour the cream into a bowl and cover it with cling film, so that the film touches the cream.
- Cool the custard cream down in the refrigerator as quickly as possible.
GLAZED PANETTONE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE ZEST
INGREDIENTS FOR 10 SLICES
- 200g white chocolate
- 80g sugar
- 2g pectin
- 120g cream
- 80g water
- orange zest q.s.
METHOD (difficulty: medium)
- Soften the chocolate in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, the orange zest and the pectin.
- Bring the cream to a boil with the water, then pour the mixture with the sugar and bring it all to a boil again.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl with the softened white chocolate and emulsify it, taking care not to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Glaze either a slice of Panettone or the whole cake.
PANETTONE TIRAMISU (INGREDIENTS FOR 10 PEOPLE)
- 250g milk
- 300g cream
- 5g powdered jelly
- 135g white chocolate
- 95g mascarpone cheese
- 1g vanilla bean
METHOD (difficulty: hard)
- Star preparing the ganache, by using ½ a measure of milk and white chocolate. Bring the milk to a boil, soften the white chocolate in the microwave, pour the milk on the white chocolate and emulsify it, taking care not to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, previously mixed with the remaining milk, to the ganache.
- Add the vanilla and the cold cream.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator overnight. The following day whip the mixture until frothy.
- Fill the coffee-soaked Panettone with the mascarpone-based Namelaka.
- Serve it with a dusting of cocoa powder on top.